Chinese Government Scholarship Application

作者: 时间:2023-07-06 点击数:

1. How can I get the latest information about Chinese Government Scholarship?  

You can get the up-to-date scholarship information by visiting or  You can also consult the Chinese Embassy (Consulate General) in your  home country or designated Chinese universities for your interested  information.  

2. What programs can I apply for? When and where can I apply?  

The application opens between early  January and early April. You should apply and send the required  documents to the application receiving agencies before the deadline. The  table below tells you when and where to send your applications.  

3. What are application steps of Chinese Government Scholarship?  

Please read the introductions to each  program for detailed guidance.  

4. Can I apply for Chinese Government Scholarship without Admission Letters?  

Yes. The Pre-admission Letter from a  Chinese university is not a necessary application material. Applications  enclosed with the Pre-admission Letter will be sent directly to the  host universities for placement confirmation. Applications without the  Pre-admission Letter will be sent to universities to go through  admission procedure. For applicants without the Pre-admission Letter,  CSC cannot assure the host university will be one of the preferences of  institution, since the capacity of the universities and the eligibility  of the applicants will also be considered.  

5. Does the Letter of Acceptance or email from the supervisor equal to the Pre-admission Letter?  

No. Only the Pre-admission Letters (or  Admission Letters) issued by the admissions office of designated Chinese  universities are considered valid. Other files like acceptance letters  from potential supervisors or emails from supervisors or professors  shall not be regarded as the equivalent or substitute.  

6. What is “Agency Number” and where can I get it?  

Agency Number is the first required item that must be filled when applying online at CSC Online Application System for International Students.  Each Agency Number stands for a specific application receiving agency  and will be given to the recommended candidates only. A correct Agency  Number will lead to the presence of the corresponding application  receiving agency while a wrong one will lead to the application  rejection. You will only get your Agency Number from your application  receiving agency (e.g. Chinese embassy, AUN Secretariat, etc.) when you  are recommended as a candidate. 

(Agency No.):10188

7. How can I login the CSC Online Application System for International Students?  

① Go to or, and click the icon “Application Online for International Students” to enter the system.  

②First-time users should register before entering the online application page.  

③Please use Internet Explorer (6.0 or 7.0). Menu selection functions may not work in other browsers.  

8. What do I need to pay special attention to when applying online?  

①Please select the program CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP.  

②The item Apply for refers to the program you want to study rather than the degree you have already held.  

Majors should  be one of the existing majors offered by Chinese universities and be  based on your actual educational background. A nonexistent or improper  major input will affect your application result.  

Preference of Institutions must  be chosen from 279 Chinese universities designated by MOE. Any  institution beyond the list will not be available for recruitment.  

Duration of the Major Study should match the program you apply for. Please check introductions to each program for the specific schooling period.  

⑥ Submitted applications can be  retrieved for revision. Once retrieved, the previously submitted  application becomes invalid. Therefore, revised application should be submitted one more time.  

9. How to write a Study Plan or Research Proposal?  

A Study Plan or Research Proposal states  in details what you are going to do with the scholarship in China. It  must include such information as the major you want to study in or the  field of your research interest. It is of vital importance for those  applicants for the graduate studies or senior scholar programs, so  please make sure your study plan or research proposal states those  information as specific as possible.  

10. What supporting documents should be included in my application package?  

Generally, applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).  

①Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English)  

②Notarized highest diploma  

③Academic transcripts  

④A study plan or research proposal  

⑤Recommendation letters  

⑥Applicants for music studies are  requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for  the fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works  (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works)  

⑦Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China.  

⑧Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form ( valid for 6 months).  

⑨Applicants with the Pre-admission  Letter/Admission Letter from designated universities should enclose the  letter in the application package.  

⑩Applicants with valid HSK Certificate should enclose the photocopy of it in the application package.  

The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate) in order. No application documents will be returned.  

11. Do I have to register for Chinese-taught programs?  

①If you are an undergraduate student,  you must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. If your Chinese  language proficiency does not meet the requirements of your host  university, you must take one academic year Chinese language/preparatory  courses in one of the 10 designated universities and pass the required  tests before moving on to your major studies. Failure to pass the  required tests will lead to the automatic termination of your  scholarship.  

②If you are a graduate student or a  non-degree student, you can register for either the Chinese-taught  program or the English-taught program if applicable. You can check Program Search (By visiting or  to find your interested program. Scholarship recipients of  Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese language proficiency  must take Chinese language training courses for one to two academic  years to reach the language requirements of their host universities  before moving on to major studies. Failure to reach the required  language proficiency will lead to the termination of scholarship.  Recipients in programs such as Science, Engineering, Agriculture,  Medicine (Western Medicine), Economics, Management, Legal Studies and  Fine arts will take Chinese courses for one academic year. Recipients of  Literature, History, Philosophy and Chinese Medicine will take Chinese  courses for no more than two academic years. Scholarship students of the  English-taught program or with adequate Chinese language proficiency  (with valid HSK certificate) do not need to take Chinese language  training courses.  

12. Which Chinese universities are under the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme?  

A total of 279 Chinese universities are  designated by MOE to accept Chinese Government Scholarship students from  which you can choose your target university. You can go to or for programs and universities available.  

13. Can I apply directly to Chinese universities for Chinese Government Scholarship?  

Only the 279 designated Chinese  universities under the CGS-Chinese University Program can directly  accept individual scholarship applications. You can search your  interested university at or  

14. Can I apply for more than one scholarship program?  

Yes, but each scholarship recipient can be granted with no more than one scholarship. CSC reserves the right to grant only one scholarship to each individual recipient.  

15. How can I know the admission result?  

The admission result will be announced  by the application receiving agencies in late July. You can consult the  application receiving agencies for admission result then.  

 Copyright© 2023 All Rights Reserved. 东北电力大学国际交流学院  京ICP备15000288 号